Monday, June 15, 2009

May...

...is my favorite month of the year. This May was super busy, but also tons of fun.

Julie Graduated, sadly this was the best pict I could get from our seats.

I got much better picts when we went to the arboretum for Mother's Day...




.

Haha...this one cracks me up. I love my dad!


I turned a year older... there aren't any pictures of that, but I do want to say that I was TRULY blessed in many ways on my birthday! When I got to work there was a balloon and card from the girls that included a gift certificate for a massage!! Donna also made me a strawberry pie :)
Mandy called me on my way to work, Kendra emailed, my family made me a yummy dinner, my dad set off fireworks. It was great. I'm sure I am forgetting all the other things... but yeah, I felt very loved.

I got to have lunch with Kendra, Anne (& Kate!)
...and a dance party with Shay and Kendra and Renae :)

Then there was the week of Next-itude, visiting family, and going to Michael & Stacey's wedding. Those pictures will have to wait... because it is time for bed.

But...before I go, just wanted to share one more thing. A few months ago I started having these random weeks when I would get incredibly fatigued/exhausted...felt completely drained, couldn't concentrate at work, almost fell asleep at the wheel a couple times, etc. I thought I had pinpointed this as an iron deficiency - so I started taking a supplement regularly, and it seemed to get better - until last week. The same thing happened, I figure maybe I need to go to bed earlier, eat less sugar, exercise more. I scheduled a doctor's appointment in a few weeks. But, then one morning God brought to mind the story of the woman who, after trying every doctor around, touched Jesus robe and was healed. I will still try the practical things I mentioned - but, ultimately, my strength is from Christ. Mickey spoke at church on Sunday about being filled with joy...it was definitely what I needed to hear. No matter how I feel physically or emotionally, God has done great things for me and in his presence is fullness of joy!

Okay, more later...

3 comments:

TGG said...

Thanks for sharing this, Bethany. I'll be praying for renewed joy and strength, even in the midst of challenging circumstances. Sarah Bosse

Carroll said...

That's two... ; )

I love the pic of y'all with your mom!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family! Hope the Summer is going great :)