Monday, July 28, 2008

row, row, row your boat....

...up the Cape Fear River.

This past weekend I went canoeing with some friends....and didn't drowned! I think I have finally overcome my irrational fear of canoeing trips. Thanks to all those who supported me along the way and rescued me when I was stuck, tipped, or otherwise in need of help. haha... anyway, all joking aside...it was a very fun trip. Afterwards we went to Raven Rock to cook out and walk a up and down 95 steps. I did not take my camera, but Missy and Jermaine both had cameras, so as soon as they upload pictures I will post some. Oh, and I think I also won the award for taking the most food on the canoe. That shouldn't surprise anyone, though, since I am a Coda!

Next week is family vacation! I can't wait. This working full time thing really makes me appreciate a few days off. I am mostly looking forward to spending time with my family. Joy, Dan, Ava and Alice are also coming!

2 comments:

Melissa Joy said...

so....when do we go again? Thanks for the fun during our short ride together. It was my favorite part of the day! I am still discovering bruisies from that last tip and probably won't be wearing anything short for the next couple of weeks. :) I will try to get the pics up this week, but things are crazy.

Anonymous said...

i'm wondering if i might have something to do with that phobia of drowning while canoeing :)...unless you've successfully supressed the memory of that canoe trip!

so good to hear what you're up to! miss you!

Terri