Friday, May 18, 2007

Summer is fast approaching. Next week will be my last week of school at Cary Christian. I think I might actually miss the kids even the little troublemakers! But, then again...I think a break is needed.

This past week my desk was covered with birthday cards from my students... for your entertainment, here's a sampling of their kind words (with their spelling & punctuation):

"Happy birthday Miss Coda! I love you! You are a great teacher. My dearest teacher, your hair is pretty." [obviously from a little girl]

"Happy Birthday Miss Coda!!!! Thank you for grading our paper's."
[I guess he was pleased with his grades this quarter]

"Dear Miss Coda, you're the best asistint teacher in the world!!"

"...I love it when you read The Chronicles of Narnia"
[You can really only get the full effect by seeing the card - accompanied by pictures from The Magician's Nephew and the Last Battle, labeling each character.]

"Happy Berbay, Top seacret"
[this one is written in code, I have not yet deciphered it]

"You are cool i'm wishing you a happy birthday"
[one of about 5 cards from this little fellow who reminds us of Eddie Haskell]

"...I hope you get good presents."

Then there was Jay...
"Miss Coda, I didn't make you a card, so here, you can have the Lesson 23 word search."
"Thanks Jay!"
"...and there's something inside"
A coupon fell out: "Free Trip to Wacky Land!"
It doesn't get much better than that, folks.

Oh, wait...maybe it does... I opened Sean's card:
"Happy Birthday!!!! Free trip to the home of Seanseans Island Banawnawn in....
Please read backwards below
dnal ykcaW"

Like I said, I think I might miss them this summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cards are too sweet. Thanks for sharing. I needed a good laugh.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.