Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Vamos a Mexico

In less than 4 days I will be headed to Guadalupe, Mexico with 30 others from my church!

We are going to serve for a week (Oct 7-14) at Rancho 3M, a Christian orphanage. I am so excited! Rancho 3M is a wonderful ministry that takes in abandoned and abused children or children whose parents cannot afford to care for them. At the ranch they receive an education, receive loving care, and most of all hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. Here are some pictures from last year...

I had some fearless girls on my caulking/painting team last year!

Thankfully we came back with all ten of our fingers :)



Like last year I will have a group of little girls to play with in the afternoons
~ Grupo Rosa - the pink group!



I do no know yet who will be in my group, but I can't wait to spend time with these girls again!



I would really appreciate your prayers!
I am eager to see how God will work this year. He is so faithful to work by through us, and in us. It is only in God's strength, goodness, and power that our work will bear fruit. Praise God that he can use weak vessels like me to accomplish His purposes! Also, please pray for our health. A few people (including our translator!) have been sick this last week.

I will update with pictures when I come back!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!! I can't wait! God is going to do amazing things! xoxo
Jo
PS. I'll tell my group to let your group win some games this year ;D

Unknown said...

haha...
please do!
I know how to say 'why are you crying?' in Spanish now, but I'd rather not have to use it :)

Jeanie said...

Bethany,
I'm so excited for you! Some of my greatest memories in my entire life are from my many trips to Mexico. I will be praying for you & can't wait to hear about the trip!
Love you & miss you!
Jeanie :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear how your time in Mexico went! I know you will have been a great blessing to the children there. I know you'll have experienced the Lord's goodness. Once again, can't wait to hear...

p.s Did the big chemical fire effect your leaving?