Sunday, October 15, 2006

I'm back...

the sunrises are beautiful in Mexico

... a Mexico post is coming very soon (I'm just a little tired right now).

For those wondering about the chemical explosion in Apex...
My house was just barely outside of the evacuated area, so we didn't have to leave. But, a few people from my church did have to evacuate. I just tried not to breathe when I walked from my house to the car and the car to the house; but when I did breathe, it smelled a little like burnt rubber. It was strange hearing about my hometown from Brian Williams on the NBC Nightly News (and on FoxNews, etc...), I guess Apex got our 15 minutes of fame. It made it a little tough to go out and get last minute stuff for my trip, but God bless the good folks at SuperTarget who opened back up that evening :)

Anyway, since the air was bad in Apex, I decided I would go down to Mexico where they have really clean air ;)
(since I was gone this week I am not caught up on the latest details, but appearently the plant had a lot of chemicals in there that they did not own up to right away, so I guess things will get a little messy now with lawsuits.)

Take a deep breath and enjoy your week...thoughts and pictures from Mexico coming soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany,
missed seeing you today. still no update...?