Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hello? Anybody still there?



So, I guess I need to catch up on September and October. I got a job and Steve's residency is in full swing!  Basically, we have settled into "real life" here in lovely Sarasota...vacation is over. 

I'm working full time as a receptionist in the corporate office of a company who will remain nameless on this blog. If I give the name, then I have to be careful what I say about them since the marketing department keeps a very close watch on what is said on the internet!  I'll just say that they make high quality deli meat and cheese.  You can find it at the deli counter in your local Harris Teeter or Kroger... or Publix if you are in Florida.  I'm enjoying it and eating a lot.  There are over 100 people in the office and no one has a direct line, so things stay pretty busy.  Occasionally we get some funny calls...  customers usually think they are calling directly to customer service and go into their questions/comments/complaints, which can be interesting/entertaining.  There was the guy who claimed that he broke his tooth on our product, the people who call just to say how much they like our products and then finally get to the point and ask for coupons (only to be disappointed that we don't do coupons).   

Steve is in his third rotation at the hospital.  His first month was in pain management, last month was in oncology and his current rotation is in the Intensive Care Unit.  They also keep him busy with lots of presentations, as well as his year long research project.  Steve has decided to pursue a specialty in oncology pharmacy.  It seems like we just got here, but we are already looking into residency programs for next year!

One of my favorite things about Sarasota is the sunsets.  Since we are on the gulf side we can go watch the sunset at the beach...they are beautiful!  Here are some pictures...

 

Siesta Key when Mom visited




Lido Key the following night
 
Siesta Key on our anniversary

And this was right outside of our apartment.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Gorgeous! Miss you!

Melissa Joy said...

I'm still reading. :) Thanks for the update! Miss You!

Julie said...

yay. I still check your blog =)
those sunsets are amazing!!!!