Tuesday, January 08, 2008

From "Valley of Vision"

O Spirit of God....
~
...Deliver me from carking care,
and make me a happy, holy person.
~
Help me to walk the separated life with firm and brave step,
and to wrestle successfully against weakness;
~
Teach me to laud, adore, and magnify thee,
with the music of heaven,
And make me a perfume of praiseful gratitude to thee.
~
I do not crouch at thy feet as a slave before a tyrant,
but exult before thee as a son with a father.
~
Give me power to live as thy child in all my actions,
and to exercise sonship by conquering self.
~
Preserve me from the intoxication that comes of prosperity;
Sober me when I am glad with a joy that comes not from thee.
~
Lead me safely on to the eternal kingdom,
not asking whether the road be rough or smooth.
~
I request only to see the face of him I love,
to be content with bread to eat,
with raiment to put on,
if only I can be brought to thy house in peace.

No comments: