Monday, November 05, 2007

There's a few reasons I haven't posted for a while. One is that I started a new job which is keeping busy 8-5, so my evenings have been filled with all the stuff you can't do when you're at work. Plus, I have had headaches a lot for the last few weeks, so I do not want to look at a computer when I don't have to.

This is where I'm working now.

It is my first job with a livable salary and benefits, and an office...sort of... it doesn't have a door, but it is not a cube either. My title is 'Operations Assistant', basically I provide admin support for 1/2 of the project managers (6 of them).

Here's a few reasons I like it:
  • My co-workers. The girls at the office are great -- we're the minority, so we stick together. Donna is training me...she keeps me laughing. The guys talk about football during every moment they are no talking about work...this makes me feel at home...and several of them have already started to give me a hard time about being a Terps fan.
  • They are having a Pig Pickin'/Turkey Fry in two weeks
  • The Christmas party is 70's themed -- no entry unless you're dressed in 70's style clothing.
  • Oh - and the work is good too - it is challenging, it keeps me busy, it varies throughout the day, and I get to interact with people.
  • Last - but not least - I am grateful to the Lord for providing this job and for continually teaching me what it means to take steps in faith.
That's all for now, I'm tired of looking at a computer. I'll try to put some pictures up soon of my grandmother's visit a couple weeks ago.

No comments: