- Who am I praying for?
- Who am I praying with?
- Who have I encouraged today?
- Who can I write a not of encouragement / thanks to?
- Who have taken out to fellowship with recently?
- Who have I invited over recently?
- Who am I meeting with for regular accountability / discipleship?
- Who have I thanked today?
- In what areas can I improve to be a better friend?
- Are there any unresolved conflicts in any of my relationships?
- Am I following up with people when they express needs and cares?
- Am I drawing people out about their life?
- Am I harboring unforgiveness or bitterness towards anyone?
- Am I willing to confront people out of a heart of love and concern?
- Am I more aware of people's sins and shortcomings, or am I more aware of evidences of God's grace in people's lives?
- Am I active in communicating evidences of God's grace in people's lives?
- How can I serve others when we gather together?
- Am I looking forways to serve people without being asked?
- What could I do to surprise someone that would bless them?
- What creative thing could I do to serve someone?
- What people do I want to develop friendships with that I haven't?
- Is developing deeper relationships a priority for me? How can I tell?
- What am I doing to love others in truth and in action? (1 John 3:16-18)
- Do I make decisions based o how it will affect others?
- In what ways am I caring for people both temporally and spiritually?
- Am I taking the initiative in pursuing relationships or am I waiting for others to do it?
- How can I spur others on to pursue God and not the world?
Those conversations reminded me of this list that I had saved. It is about 5 years old.
Joe Lechner, my pastor when I was in college, put it together for a our college ministry.
I can all too quickly become self centered so I need to ask myself these questions on a regular basis.
PS: Happy 5th Anniversary Joe & Jeanie!!