We've been through a lot together... (these are not necessarily in chronological order)
She was a great first car... I'll miss her... but at 17, it is definitely time for her to retire...so, on Monday I replaced the Celica.
- The Break in at my apartment during the first year I had the car
- Keys locked in the car in Ramseur on my way from Raleigh to Charlotte
- Flat tire after NA in 2002
- Broken antenna (after I went through a car wash without putting it down)
- Keys locked in the car with the car running at the Charlotte basketball game
- Flat tire on the way home in the middle of the night, (razor)
- Broken trunk
- Fixed trunk
- Broken trunk again
- Countless rides back and forth between Raleigh and Charlotte
- Coming within 2 inches of being hit by the big SUV that slid on the ice in front of the Bakita's house (instead it took out the mailbox)
- Several dents and scratches...from hitting things and being hit by things
- The speeding ticket on Mallard Creek Church Road (on the way to church)
- Flat tire after the State Fair in 04 (nail)
- Speeding ticket in Richfield on the way to the Paul Tripp conference
- Flat tire in the neighborhood (nail)
- A few dead batteries
- About 3 more flat tires...can't remember when they all were
- And, of course, the famous half spoiler!
Pictures of the new car are coming...