Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Storytime

And this time it is not about my students.

My phone went missing a couple of days ago. I tried calling it while in my room, in my car, in the kitchen, and looked in all the places it usually is when I can't find it.


Then, tonight after dinner I opened to door to the garage to throw something in the recycle bin. Lo, and behold, I heard my phone ring!

"Praise the Lord!" I followed it till it stopped then called it again.

I followed the ringing and yes, it was in the trash can. All the way at the bottom.

After turning the trash can on its side, pulling some trash out, and climbing halfway into it, I recovered the lost phone! Joy asked how I managed getting it in the trash can. Still not sure (how do I manage a lot of the silly things that I do?), but thankfully all it had on it was laundry detergent.

Sometimes we see the Sovereignty of God in big things, like getting a new job; but sometimes it is in the little things like someone calling right as I was walking out to to the garage :)


Oh, and thanks for calling, Kendra!

No comments: