Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Closed Doors

Today the job search yielded two doors closing in a row. (Actually, I guess you could say that I closed the second one myself.)

The first one was a little more disappointing. (it was for teaching at a Christian school) I didn't have enough experience for the job, which is perfectly understandable. I appreciate Missy's encouragement to me... 'a closed door just means that God has something else planned that you haven't even thought of yet'. Thanks Missy! I needed somebody to speak the truth to me today. You're a faithful friend and a super accountability partner :)

The second one was a Marketing Assistant job that I applied for at the Carolina Ballet. I called to follow up and they were going to give me an interview, but then I asked about the schedule and pretty much they wanted me to sign my life away to the ballet company. "This would have to be your #1 priority. If you have other things in your life you want to schedule around than this is not the job for you." hmmm....yeah, I kind of like my church and my family and my friends. I appreciated them being straightforward about it, though. It was really a confirmation of what I had already been thinking about this job. The more I am around the professional dance world the more I realize it is really not for me.

So... pressing on... I delivered another resume today, and hopefully will get another one out tomorrow. I also go to talk to the principle at Turner Creek Elementary tomorrow (about teaching dance). I'll keep you all updated. Thanks for the prayers!

No comments: